How to Update Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge [ SM-G935F/FD ] Android 7.0 Nougat Manually and via OTA ?
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Comes With Good Specifications 4 GB RAM, 12 MP Camera , 5.5 inches Screen Display with 3600 mAh battery and Snapdragon 820 CPU Chipset .
Today Tip will helps you to update Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Model Name SM-G935F/FD Firmware to Latest Official Version Android 7.0 with or without Oden and OTA ( Over The Air ) with or without using Computer.
This Update Recently released by Samsung Company and all of users can use this update manually on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to the latest version.
So in this article we will teach the users how to install or flash this firmware in their devices Using Odin or by using OTA ( Over The Air ).
This Update fixed many bugs and have a lot of improvements which will enhance Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Edge performance, speed and Everything.
Note : To Determine Your Device’s Android Version Go to Setting then you will see android version of your Device in the screen.
but after using this update all customs ROMs will gone away that’s mean this update will unroot your Device and it’ll be replaced by stock firmware.
– This update is only released for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with model Number SM-G935F/FD, so please don’t try to use our guide on other devices.
– iDad Tech is not capable If anything incorrectly happens to your device in the wake of taking after this Tutorial, attempt this at your own Risk. In any case, we accept that in the event that you take after the Instructions correctly that specified in this tutorial, your device shouldn’t confront any problem.
– Make Sure your Phone is having at least 60% – 80 % Battery.
– Backup all of your Settings and Data such as contacts,messages … etc on any other storage or in your PC.
– Enable USB Debugging Mode in your Phone from Settings>> Applications>> Development>> USB Debugging or Settings>> Developer Options>> USB Debugging.
– Install Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge USB Driver on your PC.Download Samsung USB Drivers
How to Install/ Update Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F/FD via OTA (Over the Air):
– Turn On Wifi or Mobile Data to Connect your Mobile with internet.
– Go to Settings>>More>>About device press on software update the Update.
– if this messages appeared The Latest updates have already been installed then try to install the update using kies or ODin.
– press on OK to start download process then installation of the update will begin after download complete.
– after installation finished your Phone will restart automatically.
How to Install/Update Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F/FD using Odin:
-Download Odin Software on your Computer and flash or Install Custom ROM, Kernels or Stock ROMs to your Samsung android device.
– To install Custom ROMs on your Android phone you need Root access.
– Custom ROMs are made from official OTA firmware and others files.
Step 1 : Download Firmware Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge – SM-G935F/FD Firmware:
Download Firmware from here.
Step 2 : After Download the appropriate Firmware from Above link go to download Odin from here.
Step 3 : Extract firmware file on your pc then you will get .tar.md5 file with other files.
Step 4 : Run Odin.exe as administrator [ By right mouse click on odin file then select the Run as administrator.
Step 5 : Boot Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to the Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down Button,Home Button and Power button together for a while.
Step 7 : Connect Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to your PC using USB Cable.
Step 8 : Choose the following files in Odin Software from extracted firmware folder:
– Click on the AP button and Choose the .tar.md5 file from extracted Folder.
– Click on the Phone button and Choose file with MODEM in its name from extracted Folder. Ignore this part if there is no such file.
– Click on the CSC button and choose file with CSC in its name from extracted Folder. Ignore this part if there is no such file.
– Click on the PIT button and select the .pit file from extracted Folder. Ignore this part if there is no such file.
Step 9 : Check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time in odin and uncheck re-partition this selection chosen only if a .pit file was chosen in the previous step.
Step 10 : Click the start button and wait few minutes.
Step 11: After installation is completed you will get PASS! message in ID:COM port green background in the left-most box at the corner of the Odin software then your Phone will reboot Automatically.
How To Fix / Repair Bootloop or Stuck on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F/FD :
To repair or fix any problem after updating the device or stuck at boot screen ; you should to do the followings :
– Got to Recovery Mode by by pressing and holding the Volume Down Button,Home Button and Power button together for a while.
– navigate between options by using volume button and select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task ( this tool will erase internal memory data not external SD Card data ) by using power button.